Academic journals BSU
In 1997 the Academic Council of Buryat State University took the decision to issue an academic journal - "The Buryat State University Bulletin" - to publish the results of research work done by the university faculty. The Council specified ten series and the same year the first issues of the Bulletin were launched:
- Series 3. Geography.
- Series 4. History.
- Series 5. Philosophy.
- Series 7. Education Theory (2 issues).
In 2003 the bulletin was included into the List of leading reviewed science periodicals, in which publication of a thesis summary for the academic degree of Doctor and Candidate of Science is required. The total number of its series increased to 18.
Since 2007 15 thematic issues have been published yearly. The journal is distributed through Rospechat subscription (index 18534), and its international number for periodicals is ISSN 1994-0866. Now the Bulletin is of A4 size, with a colored binding. The following series are reviewed by the VAK (State Commission for Academic Degrees and Titles): philosophy, political science, sociology and culture studies, education theory and psychology, philology and art criticism - for the Candidate of Science degree; philosophy, sociology and culture studies - for the Doctor of Science degree.
In March, 2010 the VAK included the bulletin in the List of science periodicals in which publication of a thesis summary for the academic degree of Doctor and Candidate of Science is required.
In September, 2012 new research journals were launched:
- BSU bulletin. Economics and management.
- BSU bulletin. Chemistry. Physics.
- BSU bulletin. Humanitarian studies of Inner Asia.
- BSU bulletin. Medicine and pharmacy.
- BSU bulletin. Language. Literature. Culture.
- BSU bulletin. Education. Personality. Society.
- BSU bulletin. Mathematics, informatics.
- BSU bulletin. Eurasianism and the world.