Bulletin of BSU. Language. Literature. Culture
, NON-EQUIVALENT HOUSEHOLD LEXICON in the NOVEL A.A. BALBUROVA “SINGING ARROWS” as a REFLECTION of the REGIONAL RUSSIAN LANGUAGE // Bulletin of BSU. Language. Literature. Culture. - 2017. №1. . - С. 12-20.
NON-EQUIVALENT HOUSEHOLD LEXICON in the NOVEL A.A. BALBUROVA “SINGING ARROWS” as a REFLECTION of the REGIONAL RUSSIAN LANGUAGE
The article deals with determination of the regional peculiarities of the Russian language in a literary work text. The analyzing of the language of the Russian lite- rary work, where the elements of contacting Buryat language are used, shows that literary work can be a reliable source for the study of regional variation of the Rus- sian language. The author uses consciously and artistically motivated borrowed words as the means for the realistic description of life in the Buryat settlement. The usage of borrowings allows reconstruct in detail the traditional authentic style of the Buryates’ life as well as to depict the interlingual contacts of the novel charac- ters, who are the native speakers of the Russian and Buryat languages. The study concludes that the language of the “Singing arrows” by A.A. Balburov using the non-equivalent Buryat vocabulary for the illustration of the territorial world view is the reflection of regional peculiarities of the Russian language.
regional Russian language, Baikal region, Russian language litera- ture, bilingual writers, regional Russian language markers, national world view, non-equivalent Buryat vocabulary, colloquial vocabulary, national colors, special art world, territorial variation of the Russian language.
List of references:
1. Bal'burov A. A. Poyushie streli [Singing arrows]. Ulan-Ude, 1984.
2. Gal'chenko I. E. Status slov severokavkazskogo proiskhojdeniya v russkom yazike [Status of the North Caucasus origin of words in the Russian language] // Voprosy iazikoz- naniia. – Questions of Linguistics. 1979. No 4.
3. Melnikov G. P. Stenogramma otcheta zasedaniia po zashite kandidatskoi dissertacii
[Transcript of the report of the meeting for PhD theses]. Moscow, 1995.
4. Explanatory Dictionary of Russian language by Vladimir Dal' Available at: http://
slovardalja.net/word.php?wordid=37508 (accessed: December, 10, 2016).
5. Cheremisov K. M. Buriatsko-Russkii slovar' [Buryat-Russian Dictionary]. Moscow, 1973.